Rights and Responsibilities of Teacher trainees at Flying tree yoga
Rights of teacher trainees:
- To participate in the teacher training program for a duration of 200 hours over 28 days. This time includes personal study, observation of classes, participation in asana practice, time for reading, homework and class preparation. The structure of the course and division of time are made according to the guidelines set by the Yoga alliance (see here)
- To receive a certificate on graduation, which can be registered with the Yoga Alliance.
- To use the program for personal growth, teaching practice, exploration of your own Yoga path, group and individual learning.
- To stay in shared accommodation in the studio, or close to the studio in case of unforeseen circumstances, for 28 nights. This period begins on the first Saturday and ends on the final Friday of the program. To have access to a common bathroom and shower throughout.
- To use the facilities of the house, including the kitchen, patio and laundry, living room and bathrooms.
- To have a safe space to guard small valuable items.
- To leave luggage while travelling.
- To attend all public asana classes in the studio free of additional charge.
- To receive information from members of the team about the local area.
- To make complaints, express concerns and share thoughts with members of staff, both verbally and in written form.
- To apply for a refund according to the refund policy outlined below.
- To receive clear, concise and accurate information about the program, its contents and duration.
- To receive clear, concise and accurate information about the organisation on request, including the tax number (NIT), address, telephone, email and other contact details.
- To receive a receipt on request for the price of the program, including any tax paid.
- To be informed in a timely manner of any changes made to the program both before it begins and as it takes place.
- To be protected from health and safety risks, and receive medical attention in the studio in the case of emergency.
Responsibilities of teacher trainees:
- To read and understand the refund policy, outlined below.
- To inform members of the Flying Tree staff in advance of any medical condition or allergythat can be affected during the course.
- To recognise that it is recommended to undertake a medical examination before attending the course.
- To keep in mind the recommendations of medical professionals about the ability to undertake the practices of the program.
- To take out health insurance before travelling - this is absolutely obligatory. Although we have some medical cover in the studio, plus an ambulance service for transfer to the hospital, this does not cover any treatment in hospitals themselves. It is your responsibility to make sure that you are protected for that eventuality. Flying Tree Yoga, Andrew Singer and the team cannot be held responsible for any medical costs incurred.
- To inform the Flying Tree team of arrival details in a timely manner so that arrangements can be made for welcoming you to the studio.
- To attend all classes and workshops, except in the case of illness, and to share your knowledge in a constructive and kind manner.
- To help keep the house a peaceful, clean and spiritual space, to refrain from the consumption of drugs and alcohol and abstain from sexual activity on the premises. To avoid damaging the property and to inform the management immediately about any issues with the accommodation, communal spaces or Yoga area.
- To take responsibility for your own safety outside the studio, and follow the advice of the Flying Tree team. The area is generally very safe, but it is useful to follow common-sense practices.
- To take care of yourself during the course, resting properly each night and leaving the house from time to time to refresh yourself and get a change of scene.
- To help achieve the goals of the sustainability policy. As an organisation committed to Yoga we aim to reduce our negative impact on the local environment, and have a positive effect on the local communities.
Andrew Singer reserves the right to cancel the course at any time if the minimum number of participants is not reached or if any major occurrence out of his control takes place previously to the commencement of the course. In this case any amount paid by the applicant as booking/registration fee & the remaining course fee will be refunded in full.
If, for unforeseen circumstances, Andrew Singer is obliged to cancel part or the whole of the course while it is underway, a partial refund will be considered. Effort will be made to achieve as much as possible of what remains of the program. In the case of not being able to use the studio accommodation, alternative shared accommodation will be sought nearby. A partial refund may be issued in agreement between Andrew Singer and the intern, depending on the following:
- $8 for each night of cancelled shared accommodation (up to a maximum of $224)
- $16 for each night of cancelled private accommodation (up to a maximum of $448)
- $36 for each day of cancelled classes (up to a maximum of $1008)
The course deposit of $600 is non-refundable.
In case the applicant decides to cancel his/her registration at any time before the commencement of the course then Andrew Singer will refund the remaining course fee as follows:
- up to 60 days before the course starting date: 100% will be refunded
- up to 30 days before the course starting date: 40% will be refunded
- less than 30 days to the course starting date: NO refund
Please note this only applies to the remaining course fee (up to $1200) and NOT to the course deposit.
The amount paid as deposit is transferable to another person at any time; however, Andrew Singer reserves the right to refuse admission in case he finds the person is not fit to attend the course.
Refunds will NOT be conceded in any circumstances after the commencement of the course, unless Andrew Singer is obliged to make a partial cancellation.
If the student has to leave the course for any personal reason, he/she will NOT be entitled to any refund; however he/she may be allowed to continue in a future course if vacancy is available and if written authorisation is given by Andrew Singer, based on his discretion. This is to be understood as a concession to the student and can be denied without assigning any reasons whatsoever.
Andrew Singer reserves the right to expel any student from the course at any time on grounds of misconduct and improper behaviour of any kind, such as not following the time-table, creating disturbances to other students, destructive behaviour in the house, disrespecting the teachers, or not following the prescribed rules and regulations for the course. This applies to any time during the month that you spend with us. The student will NOT be entitled to any refund in this case.
In the case that Andrew Singer finds, for whatever reason, you are unfit to attend the course, we reserve the right to deny you enrolment. In this case any amount paid by the applicant as booking/registration fee will be refunded in full.